Job Announcement: Operations Manager
The Sophia Way’s Mission
To help end homelessness for adult women in East King County by providing shelter, case management, life skills training, social services and supportive permanent housing, offering a path from homelessness to stable independent living.
The Sophia Way is a fast growing organization that is quickly building capacity to meet the growing need to serve more women experiencing homelessness during this housing crisis. The Operations Manager serves as the Office Manager, Human Resources Coordinator, and Executive/Admin Assistance, taking responsibility for key administrative and operational support to the Executive Director and other TSW staff. The Operations Manager will have great attention to detail, advanced organizational skills, and a keen interest in understanding how nonprofit infrastructure systems can best be developed and implemented for efficiency and effectiveness.
The essential functions include but are not limited to …
Executive/Administrative Assistant – 20%
- Assist Executive Director with various projects as needed.
- Assist all staff with administrative and technical needs and issues.
Human Resources – 20%:
- Orient new employees to office policies and procedures.
- Ensure completeness and proper maintenance/storage of HR documents.
- Coordinate employee documentation for benefits enrollment.
- Post/publicize job openings and assist with resume screening, interview scheduling, and interviews as needed.
- Answer HR questions from staff or direct to handbook, accountant, supervisor, etc. as needed.
- Act as lead staff liaison with HR services provider.
Office Manager Responsibilities -15% :
- Oversee office environment, helping create positive work environment and culture.
- Maintain office organization and cleanliness.
- Manage distribution of keys and other agency property, including making and tracking keys for office, properties, and vehicles.
- Manage office supplies and equipment, including contact with vendors.
Accounting Assistance – 15%:
- Donations & Bills Tracking & Distribution: Open mail with at least one other staff person present, per Accounting Manual procedures, and maintain log of all incoming checks and bills. Make copies, code, and distribute checks and bills to Development and ED.
- Work with bookkeeper to ensure all payroll and other HR information is accurate and up to date in Quickbooks.
- Make bank deposits/withdrawals weekly or more as needed.
- Oversee security and proper usage of checks, credit cards, and gift cards, ensuring they remain in locked cabinets until needed, and when used, they are signed out and all require documentation is collected (receipts, etc.)
- Maintain and update gift card log to share monthly with accountant.
- Manage office/operations budgets.
IT Responsibilities – 5%:
- Key contact for IT contract with Pacific Office Automation. Oversee passwords security.
- Act as administrator for Google accounts- set up/delete accounts for staff, board, and volunteers, update device permissions, assist and advise users as needed.
- Work with staff to maintain organization of Shared Drive.
- Assist office staff with troubleshooting IT/printing issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required. In Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, or related field preferred.
- Ability to take the initiative and consistently implement follow up and accountability.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, and volunteers with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and treat each individual with respect, dignity, and compassion.
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of expected and unexpected tasks.
- Creative problem-solving and time management skills. Great attention to detail.
- Familiarity with standard HR best practices and laws preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel, and Google Suite. Basic IT troubleshooting knowledge preferred.
- Physical ability to lift 25 pounds, sit, stand, bend, reach, and perform cleaning skills.
- Ability to work effectively in constantly changing and sometimes demanding or chaotic environment.
- TB test or willingness to obtain.
- Willingness and ability to make sound judgment without on-site supervision.
Reports to: Executive Director
Work station: The Sophia Way Administrative Office
Hours/schedule: This is a full-time, exempt position (40 hours/week) with benefits. May require some evening and weekend hours.
Salary: $56,000 -$58,000 annually
Benefits: Medical, vision, dental, with 100% of premiums paid by employer, IRA with up to 3% employer match, 160 hours of PTO (Paid Time Off) and 9 paid holidays annually.
The Sophia Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate and is open to all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin. We also willingly comply with laws that govern age discrimination, equal pay and sexual harassment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
- operations management: 1 year (Required)