Job Title: AV Presales
This role will provide pre-sales technical leadership and scope of work accountability in the area of Audio Visual and Video conferencing solutions that we provide to our customers. This role requires deep understanding and experience of the makeup and design of audio visual and video conferencing system(s). This role will work directly with Account Managers and their customers in a design/build capacity driving value-added solutions that include hardware, software, pro services, and managed services.
- Extensive background in A/V system integration engineering, design, and installation
- Extensive background in AMX and/or Crestron programming is a plus
- In-depth Cisco VTC video conferencing experience
- Understanding of Maintenance and Managed Services
- Thorough and proven knowledge of installation techniques and the National Electric Code (NEC) requirements are essential.
- Construction and base building knowledge required
- Bill of Material creation
- SOW Creation
- Interaction with Kinly Technicians/Programmers
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Labor assessments
- Mentoring and resource development
- Excellent communication skills.
- Perform as a technical expert and sales support resource focused on pre and post sales solution development, customer demos/trials, design, statement of work (SOW) and Bill of Materials (BOM) development and CAD drawings prior to project launch.
- Work with sales to provide labor assessments for accurate pricing of projects as well as to provide a look forward for operations in order to keep an understanding as to the amount of labor needed.
- Work with our customers and with cross-functional team members as an experienced, self-directed hands-on technical expert focused on assisting in pre and post sales opportunities (where needed).
- Drive Standards-based solutions with attached maintenance and managed services.
- Improve the product, technology and solution knowledge of the sales team
- Basic Elevations: Plasma mount locations including an outlet and AV signal box locations.
- AV Electrical: Floor plan diagrams locating floor box(s), AV junction box, A/C power, voice/data, microphone, AV rack, speaker and AV signal cable locations and requirements.
- As built: Receive “redlined” drawings from techs and incorporate changes into associated drawings to create final “as built” drawings.
- Rack Layouts: Plan rack layouts using best practices guidelines as well as practical considerations.
- Block Diagrams: Help develop conceptual block diagrams for use in sales proposals.
- System Schematics: Develop system schematic drawings to be used by technicians to build systems. These will include signal flow and connector type.
- Screen layouts: Work with programmers to develop touch screen layouts for control systems.
- ICIA CTS-D certification is required
Education and experience equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Industry certifications
Kinly is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Cisco: 3 years (Preferred)
- Audio Visual Intergration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cedar Knolls, NJ (Preferred)
- CTS-D (Preferred)
- CCNP (Preferred)