- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Auditing, Business Administration or other analytical fields
- 5+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of a major compliance effort (e.g. FedRAMP, SOC1, SOC 2, HITRUST, or ISO)
- 5+ years of experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 5+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), security and protecting customer trust are our highest priorities. The AWS Security team is responsible for the security of services offered by AWS. The Customer Compliance Lead will serve as the subject matter expert for internal security controls and partner with engineering, security assurance, account managers, contracts, and legal teams to build compliance launch strategies for new internal tools that raise the bar for security. This Customer Compliance Lead will develop communication mechanisms that demonstrate the effectiveness of our control mechanisms to external customers.
Core responsibilities of the role include identifying customer compliance requirements, building communication mechanisms to explain our internal security controls to external customers, and using customer feedback to drive innovative enhancements that raise the bar for security. As we build new security mechanisms, you will use customer feedback to inform requirements and build compliance launch strategies to plan how we communicate new mechanisms to external customers. You will document test procedures and narratives to demonstrate control effectiveness. This position offers a unique opportunity to earn trust with global customers and drive process improvement for security controls at scale.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate cloud compliance expertise, earn trust with internal service teams, and obsess over gaining the trust of external customers. You will work with engineering, legal, and security assurance teams to identify opportunities to continue to improve AWS's security posture. You prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of program management delivery. You understand how to earn trust while driving results that meet high standards.
This position is open in Arlington, VA or Herndon, VA.
Key job responsibilities
As a Customer Lead, you will:
- Identify customer compliance requirements;
- Dive deep into the AWS control environment to develop a technical understanding of internal security controls;
- Build compliance launch strategies to plan how we communicate new mechanisms to external customers;
- Document compliance narratives and test procedures for existing and new control mechanisms;
- Continue to develop relationships with customers who seek to understand our controls; and
- Communicate external customer expectations to internal engineering teams and drive new internal security mechanisms to raise the bar for security.
About the team
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- 5+ years managing customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability to define, influence, refine and implement processes, procedures, and policies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes, and challenge conventional wisdom
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive security programs independently
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.