Temporary & Regular Visual Merchandiser - San Francisco Centre - 352707
For employment consideration, only one application is necessary. Please apply only to the one position you are primarily interested in pursuing.
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a creative individual to set visual elements, style mannequins and forms and assist with merchandising departments.
From attentive salespeople to meticulous tailors and innovative merchants, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join a Nordstrom Store, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal Visual Merchandiser is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about fashion and art and is committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
The Visual Merchandiser is responsible for partnering with the Visual Merchandising Manager and in-store merchants to achieve strategic company objectives and visual merchandising consistency.
- Be knowledgeable in all visual merchandising strategies and current trends to help sell product in the store and support company sales goals.
- Provide support to merchandising, signing, and implementing visual merchandising direction at the highest level.
- Partner with department managers to uphold, teach, and maintain all visual standards.
- Be an ambassador of the brand at the store level.
- Ensure an understanding of visual merchandising directives as they pertain to all departments and the customer.
- Provide support to merchandising, signing and implementation of visual merchandising direction at the highest level, with the ability to customize as appropriate to your store.
- Ensure timely installation and demonstrate the ability to properly install and remove trim/window presentations and store promotional events in a timely manner, including the ability to pack, unpack and prep all props.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail with regard to design and composition.
- Support successful execution of the in store lighting program through proper installation, removal and adjustment of lighting, including promotional, general store and visual enhancement lighting.
- Complete all inventory tasks and procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all visual safety programs and protocols are followed, including shop and visual space organization.
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
- Experience in merchandising and styling with knowledge of current fashion trends and styles.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic construction skills in building and assembly of visual props preferred.
- Ability to use ladders, drills, box knives and other miscellaneous tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers.
- Basic math and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency and comfortable learning new computer applications.
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs.
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune ™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position. The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs. Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
: Visual Merchandising
: 09/14/2018, 3:44:56 PM
: United States-California-San Francisco