JOB SUMMARY: The RFP Proposal Writer’s primary focus is to manage the RFP process under the direction of the VP of Strategic Growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor incoming RFP notifications from various sources (Sales Team, National Websites, RFP School Watch, Mailing Lists, state procurements sites, etc.)
- Collaborate with VP of Strategic Growth to review RFP opportunities and assess viability and long-term income potential.
- Identify required information to complete selected proposals and collaborate with appropriate staff member(s) to meet deadlines.
- Conduct necessary content research for successful proposal (client, state laws, rates, past practice, etc).
- Draft proposals utilizing templates, standard copy and customizing when needed allowing time for proofreading and review prior to submission. Ensure RFP directions are followed regarding format and timing.
- Obtain all supporting documentation and required signatures for proposals.
- Assemble (ex: print, correlate) and submit proposals to potential clients on time and manage the delivery.
- Follow-up with client that proposal was received, status of the review process and notification of results.
- Monitors board meeting minutes to retrieve scoring data and/or competitor response information.
- Remains current with industry and special education trends and knowledge.
- Update RFP Tracker spreadsheet with RFP results.
- Communicate with sales on success/failure.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Communications, Journalism or Writing. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Prior experience as a proposal writer in the field of special education.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Experience communicating with schools verbally and through writing.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with ability to write in a credible, concise, and professional manner.
- Excellent MS Office computer skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Referral program
- Proposal writing: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462