Utilizing process improvement methodologies, the Patient Experience and Colleague Engagement Coordinator will oversee, develop, implement, and coordinate all aspects of the patient experience and colleague engagement by utilizing best practices and staying aligned with system strategic goals. The Manager provides administrative leadership on best practice and collaborates with senior management, department directors, managers, physicians, and colleagues to plan, implement, analyze, and monitor ongoing initiatives and assure continuous improvement in achieving patient experience and colleague engagement goals.
- Coordinates all aspects of hospital-wide development and implementation of patient experience and colleague engagement initiatives to achieve or exceed established goals.
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities for continuous improvement based on survey results and concepts of patient centered care.
- Evaluates patient experience and colleague engagement standards, trends, and emerging issues.
- Researches and networks for current national best practice trends.
- Ensures celebration of milestones.
- Utilizes process improvement methodologies as well as understands and facilitates financial analysis.
- Designs, builds and oversees the organizational structure necessary to ensure the patient experience and colleague engagement vision is aligned across the system.
- Assists leadership in planning a system-wide approach to service excellence and colleague engagement.
- Coaches select areas/departments that are in need of improving patient experience and colleague engagement scores and assists leaders in hard wiring service excellence behaviors.
- Becomes the subject matter expert for patient experience/colleague engagement for the system and provides training, leadership and program development for all levels of the organization.
- Hires, provides performance assessments and feedback, and develops staff.
- Conducts timely performance reviews and provides on-going feedback.
- Conducts team meetings.
- Establishes and monitors individual and team goals and objectives.
- Accountability for action plans.
- Prioritizes the work of the team.
- Approves time and PTO on a weekly basis.
- Supports all departments in building a culture of service excellence and colleague engagement.
- Serves as system liaison for patient experience and colleague engagement vendors.
- Works collaboratively across the system.
- Assists leadership in setting yearly patient experience and colleague engagement goals that align with best practices.
- Facilitates the reporting of trends and data across the system.
- Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
- Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employee's area of responsibility.
- If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific training in the specified time frame.
Master's Degree- Preferred
Certification & Licensure:
Arizona RN License - Preferred
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified within 1 year of hire- Preferred
At least 1 year experience supervising- Required
Previous process improvement experience- Required
Previous project management experience- Required
Experience in developing and implementing a customer service program- Required
Experience with Press Ganey databases or other patient experience platforms- Required
Experience in data analysis, creating customized dashboards, and strong data technology systems- Required
Experience with patient centered care or best practices- Preferred