School Bus Driver
School Bus Driver
We are looking for traveling school bus drivers to work at various locations within Pennsylvania. Guarantee $155.00 for a minimum of 180 school days annually. All travel expenses paid!
\* Must possess or be willing to participate in a paid training class to obtain a current Driver’s License with CDL Passenger and School Bus Endorsement, in addition to an Air Brake Endorsement;
\* Must have a satisfactory criminal history and child abuse history checks as required by law and the Pennsylvania Department of Education;
\* Must have tuberculosis testing as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education;
All applicants must participate and pass in a “pre drug test screening” and a random testing program throughout the term of employment
\* Must take and pass an annual physical
Definition: A bus driver is a person who, under the supervision of a manager, supervisor, dispatcher or trainer, operates a van or bus over designated routes transporting school pupils, or clients to and from school or other locations.
- Drive a bus daily over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, loading and unloading pupils or clients at designated locations and schools.
- Will have the opportunity to transport school pupils and teachers on school activity trips.
- Perform pre and post-trip safety inspections of the vehicle being driven to ensure it is in proper working order.
- Perform a child check immediately after each run.
- Maintain good order and discipline among school pupils or clients.
- Follow company policies regarding pupil/client management and relations with parents, teachers, guardians, medical practitioners, medical facilities, and the public in general.
- As requested by the Operations Manager or Dispatcher, verify route turn for turn sheets and note any route changes with written notes.
- As requested by the Operations Manager or Dispatcher, make additional directional or landmark notations on bus route sheets to assist future new or substitute bus drivers.
- As requested by the Operations Manager or Dispatcher, observe and track route timing, such as total time en-route; time between stops; loading and unloading times or any other requested information for the purpose of establishing route efficiency
- Keep records and submit reports as required.
- Sweep, clean and refuel buses.
- Report all mechanical deficiencies promptly.
- Instruct students on safe riding classes and perform evacuation drills as directed.
- Comply with the Dress Code and all other rules/regulations of the Contractor’s Employee Handbook
- All other duties as assigned.
- EXCELLENT WORK ENVIRONMENT INCLUDING MAINTAINING CONSISTENCY IN YOUR ROUTE ASSIGNMENT
Job Type: Part-time
Related keywords: bus driver, driver, school bus driver, hiring immediately, shuttle driver
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $155.00 per day
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Split shift
Supplemental pay types:
All employees are required to wear facemask. Daily interior cleaning and sanitizing on all vehicles.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- School Bus Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Commercial Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- School Bus Driver License (Preferred)
- CDL B (Preferred)
Work Location: One location