ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to service area.
o Age specific ongoing assessments are completed, documented and used to develop a plan of care.
o Collaborates with members of the health care team/patient/family to develop, implement, and evaluate an age-specific interdisciplinary plan of care. Revises plan according to changes in patient status.
o Treatments and medications for patients of all ages are accurately administered and documented.
o Patient/family (caregiver) educational needs are identified in a timely manner, incorporated into the plan of care, implemented and documented appropriately.
o Actively participates in performance improvement program by obtaining desired outcomes.
o Assures personal and professional development through participation in educational activities and completion of annual competency validation.
o Consistently demonstrates the role of patient advocate, protector of patient’s rights, and provider of psychological/social/cultural support.
o Applies knowledge of growth and development to appropriately care for patients served.
· Determines and performs within clinical, leadership and / or education pathways to support (direct/indirect) evidence based quality patient care service and performance improvement.
o Exhibits clinical expertise in rapidly changing circumstances.
o Plans strategies to reduce length of stay, turn around time, resource consumption and improve patient outcomes.
o Functions as role model for clinical practice to coworker, students and physicians.
o Manages resources, establishes priorities, and modifies environment to meet patient care needs.
o Completes manager/director predetermined projects within specified time frame and according to pre-established guidelines..
o Uses problem solving methods to facilitate resolution to patient and personnel situations that present in the work area.
o Takes an active role in the orientation of new employees.
o Provides feedback to staff using appropriate communication and documentation.
o Provides input into practice, environment and work issues by participating on unit, hospital and /or organization activities which facilitate staff participation/input in decision making.
o Assists with providing educational activities for the respiratory care department, other hospital departments and the community.
· Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees.
· Champion Kissito’s standards for IPER: comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
The Respiratory Therapist reports to and receives supervision from The Chief Administrative Officer or the Director of Respiratory Therapy.
Education: Associate degree and / or certification required from CoARC (Committee on Accreditation of Respiratory Care Education) approved school of respiratory therapy.
Licensure, Certification, and/or registration: Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner by the VA State Board of Medicine.
Certified / Registered Respiratory Therapist (C/RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Work requires moderate effort for such activities as bending, stretching, stooping, pushing or walking. Occasional heavy lifting. Occasional exposure to seasonal unpleasant environmental conditions or cramped workspace. Occasional exposure to serious injury or environmental hazards to include blood and bodily fluids requiring standard precautions. May be exposed to infectious diseases, bio-hazardous materials and combative patients. Work is performed in patient care environment and is often fast-paced, requiring use of prioritization skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Critical & Intensive Care
- RRT (Preferred)
- CRT (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place