Direct the coordination and control of schedules, budgets, contracts, and costs for TriMet's capital projects. Develop agenda items for and participate in quarterly Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) and Board of Director meetings. Establish and maintain staff professional relationship with FTA and other transit agencies. Supervise employees and consultants. Ensure a commitment to safety through effective leadership, role modeling and implementing practices that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value and a priority in all aspects of work. Perform related duties as required.
1. Direct development and implementation of policies and procedures related to management and administration of TriMet's capital projects.
2. Develop division and project budgets and ensure proper accounting of all funds committed to capital projects. Monitor cost control and cash flow of consultants' and contractors' scheduled work.
3. Direct acquisition of professional services and construction contracts for capital projects.
4. Direct cost and compliance administration of contracts for capital projects, including funding authorization, change order processing, claims management and third part reimbursement.
5. Manage Program Management staff, including recommending hiring, disciplinary action, discharge, assigning work, training, coaching and performance evaluations.
6. Prepare and present oral and written reports, agenda items, and recommendations on management of capital projects to TriMet's management and Board of Directors.
7. Direct development, monitoring, and maintenance of master schedule of ongoing and upcoming division capital projects. Direct assignment of schedule support resources to other departments as required.
8. Provide grant administration support for capital projects. Prepare executive input on FTA reviews and quarterly status reports.
9. Direct preparation of regular and special purpose reports of division activities, including FTA required project reports.
10. Represent division in capital budgeting and capital project development process. Represent division in coordinating financial activities to assurance compliance with all applicable regulatory and grant eligibility requirements. Assist with agency's response to formal audits.
11. Direct development of estimates required for capital projects, including fair cost estimates for change orders and independent cost estimates for professional services contracts.
12. Direct division information technology applications, including selection of new systems as required.
13. Oversee owner controlled insurance program as applied to major capital projects.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field. Master's degree in same desired.
Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in the State of Oregon desired.
A minimum of 11 years total credited experience. Experience in construction management/control of large-scale public works projects or programs with six years specifically in the design, construction, management and project control of public projects. Three years of supervisory experience.
Or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA:
Grade 20, Exempt, Non-Union, Full-Time
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review/ Please Include: Cover Letter and Resume
3. Panel Interviews
4. Reference Check
Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application. You are permitted five attachments of less than 5MB each.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans' preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and attach supporting documentation at the time of application submission.
If you need accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process, contact our Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 7-1-1. Note that we require a minimum of two workdays' notice prior to the need for accommodation.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.