- 1+ year experience in security services, asset protection, audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, or other related field
- Proficient with MS Office Professional Suite, including intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs
The Loss Prevention Specialist (LPS) is a key high level hourly associate position in the Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FCs). The Loss Prevention Specialist leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, & intellectual property) protection in a designated fulfillment center. The LP Specialist reports to the Loss Prevention Manager responsible for their facility, and aids them in supporting the FC Operational team, and the cross functional teams throughout the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Enhance, track, and report on metrics which are key performance indicators, allowing performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner
- Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to area are fulfilled
- Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud and conduct interviews when appropriate
- Inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members
- Ensure that you understand, align performance and actions with and can clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and their department
- Meet or surpass your objectives that align with security service model
- Identify, promote and implement security best practices in a designated FC
- Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert for facility management keeping them abreast of key issues, strategies and the department’s performance
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to drive process improvements and increase efficiency
- Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives
- Coordinate data collection, through database polling or data entry, from multiple FCs; and conduct analysis generating strategic and tactical interpretations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification
- Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc.
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired and Wicklander and Zulawski certification is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or on track to obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in less than one year
- Experience with warehouse or distribution center services
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
- Awareness and implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with off-site supervision
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment
- Analytical experience in performance based, action and results oriented setting
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation