Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A Nurse who s is looking to assess the health needs of students and administer appropriate care to students and staff.
- RN credentials required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- NJ Certified School Nurse certification is preferred.
What You'll Do
- Provides temporary and emergency care to ill or injured students.
- Evaluates the student's' total health and development status through comprehensive health assessments.
- Dispenses, monitors, and records all students' medications for acute and chronic health problems, consults with physician and parent regarding recommendation for medication adjustments or changes when needed.
- Determines and maintains health clinic inventory of equipment and supplies per health services guidelines.
- Promotes a positive image of school district and positive public relations at all times.
- Supports the development and maintenance of school wellness program. Conducts school programs in accordance with state requirements.
- Maintains a daily log of pertinent student health information.
- Assists with health and safety in-service and education programs.
- Completes accident reports of injuries for principal.
Pay rate is $36 per hour. Democracy Prep employees are also provided with a work smartphone and laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.