Capitol Engineering is an established and expanding custom fabrication company delivering high-quality engineered & fabricated steel products to a wide variety of industries including mining, agriculture, and general industrial applications. Capitol Engineering was established in 1937 in located in downtown Phoenix AZ. We are currently growing at a rapid pace and are looking to add experienced and qualified Estimator/Project Managers to our team.
This position requires an experienced, energetic, detail-focused individual who wants to be part of a growing team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in steel quality inspections. This position will require you to work as part of a large team.
Quality Control Inspector is responsible for inspecting all fabricated products to ensure compliance with specified dimensions and welding requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform dimension checks and weld preparations on assemblies prior to welding
- Perform complete inspections for quality and workmanship of all welds on fabricated products.
- Record and maintain in-process and final inspection records
- Inform foreman of defects on fabrication
- Help and assist shop personnel with interpretation of drawings and specifications
- Assist foreman with management of welding specifications and welder qualifications
- Assist the shop foreman with other tasks as needed
- Must be self-motivated and a team player
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience:
- Must possess active AWS CWI
- Working knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for steel, stainless, aluminum, and some exotic materials
- Knowledge of AWS and AISC codes applicable to steel fabrication
- NDT experience not necessary, but preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in steel inspection
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 - $34.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Phoenix, AZ 85034: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person