Excelsior Wellness Center is currently accepting resumes for a Billing Specialist position within our Revenue Cycle Department.
WHO WE ARE:
Excelsior is a home-grown WA non-profit integrated health and human service organization offering services through all eight dimensions of wellness. Over 200 individuals implement a 12M annual budget on 34 acres in the city of Spokane and multiple counties in Eastern WA. We offer Care, Hope and Respect for one another and those we serve.
The Billing Specialist will be responsible for managing the claims process, including accurate and timely claim creation, follow-up and correspondence with insurance companies in order to determine and obtain reimbursements based on assigned service codes.
- High School diploma/GED; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years medical billing experience required.
- Good understanding of Medicaid; WA Medicaid billing experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with ICD-10, CPT and HCPC codes.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance processes & medical terminology.
- Experience in Behavioral Health preferred.
- Proficiency in various kinds of billing software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ensures the efficient processing, through accurate tracking and auditing, of billing accounts for applicable services.
- Maintains the aging of the A/R, works denials, appeals and reviews and preps all patient billing statements.
- Assists reception with co-pays, balances and insurance information.
- Ensures compliance with financial policies and procedures in performance of billing duties.
We provide an excellent benefit package which includes paid time off, paid holidays, retirement 403 (b) employee assistance program (EAP), employer paid life insurance, flexible schedules, reduced gym memberships and a medical, dental and vision plan that is second to none.
- Employee only: $0 (You are 100% covered)
- Employee & Spouse: $104.69/month
- Employee & Child(ren): $71.75/month
- Employee & Family: $169.39/month
Everyone here believes they are part of a team, that utilizes the strengths of each individual, and values collaboration, creativity and unity. A true employee-centered environment responds in a relevant way to each person's needs, versus the traditional employer practice of offering mandated accommodations only. When you and your family are at your best, you are best positioned to help other members of our community, and that’s why we say, “your family first.”
We encourage the expression of ideas and the willingness to collaborate on solutions. We take care of you and who you define as family because who we serve, deserves to experience providers that are focused on them. We seek to actively transform health care services to be easily accessible and readily available; at the lowest and most predictable cost; and most importantly relationally based. This approach supports better outcomes for those in search of safer, stronger, and healthier lives. We empower children, youth, adults and families to live and stay well.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- medical billing and coding: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift