This position is responsible for developing and executing recruiting strategies, guiding leadership in establishing a compelling employment brand and helping to position the company as an employer of choice among target candidates. This position will provide leadership, support and vision to the recruiting team and coordinate company-wide recruiting activities that align with MD Helicopters, Inc. company-wide strategies. This individual will continue to build the recruiting infrastructure to support the company’s continued growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following:
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of the recruitment process with business needs
- Implement strategies that will ultimately improve the recruiting process as well as attract a world-class level of talent
- Build and lead a strategically focused recruiting team that works effectively, collaboratively and creatively with individuals and teams throughout the organization with agreed service levels and metrics;
- Recruit for senior level positions, as needed. Including sourcing and interviewing candidates to determine knowledge, skills, and capabilities compared to job scope. Evaluate candidate fit to company needs and make recommendation to leadership based on assessment
- Develop and market a consistent approach to communicating MD Helicopters, Inc. employment brand
- Develop creative and cost-effective approaches for sourcing and selection that generate a pipeline of highly desirable and diverse candidates
- Develop tools, processes and training to leverage existing and new technology
- Oversee the selection and management vendor relationships ensuring the proper mix of in-house and external staffing resources
- Ensure accountability for all parties involved in the recruiting process for compliance with applicable applicant tracking, interviewing and hiring requirements
- Develop and maintain performance metrics that provide clarity of trending, benchmarking and insight for making program and process improvements
- Evaluate current processes and procedures to ensure consistency throughout the team while providing recommendations in line with our internal vision and strategy
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Project Management, develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Analytical, synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment, displays willingness to develop solutions and recommendations for approval. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely recommendations for executive decisions.
- Planning/Organizing, prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving, Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills, assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork, balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team; able to build morale and team commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability, adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Strategic thinking, develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Regular attendance at the worksite required.
- Access to export control information required.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership role building and leading high performing recruiting teams
- Minimum 7 years recruiting experience of full-cycle recruitment – progressive recruitment experience managing a variety of recruiting programs
- Proven experience recruiting for engineering and senior executive positions
- Success in creating and developing employment branding strategies, including innovative approaches to recruiting
- Proven experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Demonstrated experience with negotiating contracts
- Ability to influence and communicate with all levels within the organization
- Strong networking and relationship building abilities
- Knowledge of Human Resources personnel practices and principles
- Proficient in MS Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHR or SPHR preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
- Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.