Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we-and our clients-deeply value.
Benefits Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Researches issues involving benefit eligibility, enrollment and payroll deduction errors and discrepancies. Discusses and resolves issues with benefit vendors. Provides phone and e-mail responses to all employees regarding benefit issues.
- Reviews qualified life event documentation and approves enrollment as appropriate.
- Responsible for the review, reconciliation and payment of all benefit vendor invoices including Healthy San Francisco.
- Prepares updated benefit communications i.e. SPD’s, Annual Open Enrollment material etc.
- Maintains and updates plan administrative procedures.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of dependent eligibility audits.
- Review and verifies monthly billing for health and welfare plans.
- Review and resolves issues affecting the 401(K) plan including contributions, match and catch-up contributions.
- Works closely with the Manager, Employee Benefits to resolve any ERISA or HIPPA compliance issues.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Benefits vendors, communicates plan changes.
- Advises and trains regional human resource representatives on Disability and Workers’ Compensation laws and procedures
- Recommends pro-active programs to bring employees with medical work limitations back to work quickly, with as little expense to the company as possible.
- Collaborates with corporate risk management on developing strategies to close workers compensation open claims
- Recommends ideas and processes to reduce costs in the area of Workers’ Compensation
- Manages the salary continuation benefit for eligible exempt employees.
- Administers the direct bill process for employees on leave. Follows up with employees who have not paid direct bill invoices and advises of cancellation policy.
- Keeps informed of state and federal policy and law changes that may affect the benefits plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- Benefits Administration: 5 years (Preferred)