The Loan Processor handles a variety of tasks in preparation for loan approval. They will handle task including preparing loan documents for closing, uses proprietary system for opening loans, ensures all documents are signed appropriately, and pays vendor invoices for PMI, VSI, Transamerica and other vendors monthly. Manages customer changes, updates and closings.
Essential Functions and Regular Responsibilities.
- Order title searches, deeds, appraisals, and flood certifications
- Prepare loan documents for closing.
- Opens loans on the core system and ensure all documents are signed as needed.
- Prepare and execute full and partial mortgage releases.
- Prepare Construction Loan Report monthly.
- Pay PMI, invoice and monitor balances.
- Pay VSI. Transamerica and Lawrence Victoria monthly.
- Pay and monitor Force Place Ins; mail letters when required.
- Run test for annual escrow analysis; check for errors.
- Pay taxes, semi-annually and insurance for escrow customers as needed.
- Check interest rates and make adjustments as needed.
- Provide payoff quotes to customers, dealers and other financial institutions
- Pull payoffs for payments received release titles for auto loans
- Process payoffs for various loan types.
- Monitor loan files for missing documents.
- Perform regular modifications and changes on the core system.
- Perform overrides for tellers for loan payments and help them when they have questions.
- Prepare loan estimates for new loans, revised loan estimates.
- Prepares denials/counter offers and mail to customers.
- Box paid off loan files at year end for storage.
- Other duties as assigned by branch leadership or others as needed.
- At least 2 years of prior experience and the ability to learn.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good math skills. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Some post-secondary education preferred.
- Experience with COCC Insight preferred.