JOB TITLE: The UPS Store FULL/PART-TIME Associate (Days, Afternoons & Weekends)
The positions are FULL-TIME and PART-TIME. Opening Day Shift, Afternoon Shift from 2 or 3pm to 6:30pm M-F, 9-5 Sat and 12-5 Sun.
-- PERFECT for STUDENTS --
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES **READ THIS**
1) You MUST follow the process to be considered.
2) You MUST complete the phone assessment to be considered.
3) You MUST be a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, and follow established processes.
4) You MUST be able to demonstrate the ability to reason and solve problems
5) You MUST be reliable, with a strong work ethic.
Sales Associate must provide customers with efficient and effective service to exceed expectations while promoting UPS Store products and services to meet customer needs, also prepare the store for Close of business each day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- MUST BE RELIABLE, WITH STRONG WORK ETHIC
- Greet customers in a friendly manner; determine customer needs, and how to exceed their expectations.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through customer engagement and quality product delivery.
- Be knowledgeable of products and services offered and properly promote them to customers.
- Identify customer needs and offer additional services which could benefit them.
- Receive, sort and place mail in mailboxes accurately.
- Record all sales transactions completely and accurately in Point of Sale
- Pack contents for shipping using established procedures and products.
- Receive and prepare documents for printing.
- Print documents from customer files (email or USB drive) or from Online Print Jobs.
- Operate all other software packages.
- Receive and process packages for shipping, including lifting and weighing packages, accessing shipment manifesting software, and generating labels. May require retrieving packages from customer's vehicle when requested.
- Process and document damaged shipments, late and lost package claims.
- Assist in merchandising the store, including: stocking shelves with product, ensuring clean and orderly appearance of product, informing appropriate personnel of inventory levels for re-ordering supplies.
- Perform end of day duties: reconciliation of cash, checks, money orders, credit cards, and all other transactions accurately and in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Operate copiers, fax machines, binding equipment and all other office machines in a safe, efficient and productive manner. Help customers operate office machines located in retail area.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Sales and Customer service experience in a retail environment desired.
- Point of Sale (“POS”) and computer experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Software or ability to learn new software highly desirable.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain harmonious relationships with customers in person and over the phone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and learn new techniques.
- Ability to use standard tape gun.
- Demonstrate an attention to detail in performance of assigned tasks.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Manual hand dexterity required to operate POS, copiers and binding machinery, packaging tools, and complete customer paperwork.
Job Type: Full or Part-time
- High school or equivalent completed or in-progress
- Microsoft Office: Knowledge of and use.
- Retail Sales: Helpful
- Prior UPS Store experience: Desired
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.50 per hour
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- South Carolina Notary Public (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible