Blue Sages is looking to add a Sr. Software Engineer to our team. This Sr. Software Engineer will work on exciting projects that drive exceptional product quality, safety, design and reliability of the next generation surgical robot and digital surgery platform. This important technical position will have direct influence on software and system product quality for R&D/production builds and release to market while ensuring compliance to external standards.
We are looking for a “go-getter” Sr. Software Engineer highly proficient in Linux and Python and C++, who is passionate about high quality code and drives exceptional product quality. This individual will wear multiple hats, working closely with product development teams to define test strategies, write and execute test cases, and build automated test routines. She/he will actively participate in the software development life cycle through review of requirements, risk management and maintaining traceability in an agile software development environment. The Sr. Software Engineer is part of the agile sprint team for their assigned software code base(s), and interfaces with software developers, SW test engineers, and quality engineers in order to ensure compliance to external standards.
· Design and implement automated tests for testing digital surgery platform.
· Develop software tools, frameworks and simulators to perform automated test execution across various test environments: hardware-in-loop, production systems, and virtual environment.
· Create drivers to interface with embedded systems to be used for testing infrastructure.
· Develop infrastructure to allow pre-commit testing.
· Participate in the development of fault-injection test framework.
· Mentor junior members on the team.
· Review software requirements and software design specifications.
· Perform code reviews.
· Develop test plans and test cases for unit and integration tests and software verification.
· Defect Tracking and Control – Find, investigate and report product problems, representing the customer’s interest in R&D.
· Perform black box tests during V&V cycle.
Experience and Qualifications:
· B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or similar degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
· 4+ years of software development experience in Linux/Unix or QNX environment using one or more of the following: Python, C++, Java etc
· Experience with version control systems such as Git, Subversion etc.
· Development or software test experience with one or more of the following: robotic control systems, firmware, real-time software, visualization
· Experience with ARM architecture.
· Experience using hardware tools: logic analyzer, oscilloscope, JTAG debuggers.
· Experience with common embedded toolchains (e.g., CCS, DSS, GCC, etc.,)
· Experience with on-board and off-board high speed communication interfaces
· Experience with multi-core, hard real-time, high availability systems and writing drivers for real-time communications.
· Experience with digital filtering and control techniques
· Familiarity with MATLAB, LabVIEW is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available: