The Strategy Team Lead is responsible for the development of the enterprise architecture practice within HHSC. The Strategy Lead is selected by and accountable to the Chief Technology Officer and manages the enterprise architecture team.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions
Knowledge Skills Abilities:Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Plays a critical role in translating business strategy into technical strategy and defines end-to-end technology architectures that support the strategy. Provides architectural expertise on strategic planning actions and policy decisions related to the agency’s systems and makes recommendations concerning the direction of the agency’s computer and management information systems. Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives. (35%)
- Conducts and oversees studies and the preparation of initiative reports that include study findings, presentations, recommendations, and instructions for proposed system implementations; formulates logical descriptions of problems; and devises and implements optimum solutions. Performs highly advanced and/or managerial (senior-level) computer systems analysis work. Provides oversight to many projects ensuring that the technical system architecture design is being developed properly. (25%)
- Applies principles of HHS IT and systems integration standards to perform strategy planning work, alternatives analysis, risk analysis/management, change management, project quality oversight, progress tracking, project reporting, and preparation of strategy document archives. Provides leadership to matrix or multi-discipline teams across the enterprise. Oversees projects, program, product strategy that cross functional agency systems and other state agencies or entities that require coordinating, planning, and scheduling technology standards and innovations during strategy and project development and implementation. Consults and negotiates with customers in providing system design and architecture services, system integration and innovation, rapid solution development and implementation to meet customer needs with automated or business improvement solutions consistent with HHS and Department of Information Resources (DIR) plans, standards, and guidelines. (20%)
- Hires and manages staff and recommends appropriate personnel actions. Provides direct reports with work assignments, clear direction on responsibilities and performance expectations. Conducts performance evaluations. (20%)
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of at least two of the following domains: data management, infrastructure (including cloud), security, applications, software engineering, or systems integration
- Knowledge of Agile and ITIL principles and practices
- Skill in attention to detail
- Skill in effective written and oral communication
- Skill in effective leadership and decision-making
- Skill in analysis and interpretation of large, complex IT/technology products and services
- Skill in influencing, negotiation, mediation, and problem resolution
- Skill in building relationships with C-level personnel and presenting to large groups
- Ability to define IT and business strategy; able to express the methodology used to publish an enterprise roadmap to achieve incremental change and benefit
- Ability to development an IT Strategy to establish a roadmap and to achieve a target Technology or Enterprise Architecture state
- Ability to create, maintain and prioritize a product roadmap
- Ability to articulate and defend recommendations made
- Ability to understand and practice sound management techniques to get strategy team work done within defined schedules and cost and with appropriate quality delivered
- Ability in Microsoft software to include Microsoft Project, Access, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to direct and organize program activities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities under pressure
- Ability to work occasional overtime and a flexible schedule as needed to meet work objectives and deadlines
- Ability to establish and evaluate program policies, procedures, goals and objectives that support the strategic plan
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments, organize and set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to logically assemble and evaluate information
- Ability to prepare concise reports and analyze complex information
- Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, peers, staff and others
At least 5 years of progressively responsible full time professional experience in technology infrastructure and operations.
There are no direct military occupation(s) that relate to the responsibilities, and registration or licensure requirements for this position. All active duty, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if they meet the qualifications for this position.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.