Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
Studio m, MassMutual’s in-house agency, is looking for a Program Manager with supplier relationship management experience to manage suppliers and supplier-focused programs in the design, print and fulfillment space. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the execution of the supplier management process through procurement, as well as for the management of vendor programs for an assigned roster of suppliers. This person will work closely with business partners, suppliers, and department associates to ensure that services and service level agreements meet current business needs. This person will be responsible for performing research and analysis to support business operations, lead RFIs/ RFPs and help to negotiate terms. They will determine best practices and drive continuous improvement. Experience with fulfillment technology implementations is a plus.
- Manage assigned enterprise supplier relationships for managed print, fulfillment, design programs.
- Solicit input from business constituents, support development of strategic plans, and align suppliers to meet business needs.
- Manage vendor selection/contracting strategies and negotiate terms; obtain pricing and proposals.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements and terms are met by suppliers and that appropriate corrective action is taken to correct deficiencies.
- Measure supplier performance leveraging key performance indicators and facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Execute site visits of potential suppliers to ensure capabilities meet strategic objectives. (out of state travel as needed)
- Maintain strong knowledge of industry trends, emerging technology, pricing, and contracting practices.
- Ensure a high level of service for internal and external customers through solicitation of feedback from stakeholders.
- Resolve disputes (pricing, timing, performance, etc.)
- Research existing / new providers and industry solutions and proactively present vendor solutions to clients.
- Continuously analyze the supplier pool to ensure appropriate services are provided and identify solutions for addressing opportunities.
- Understand and achieve long-term strategic solutions for enterprise business needs.
- Provide oversight of vendor programs. At times this will mean leading an implementation; for operationalized programs, this will mean facilitated check-ins with vendor and business partners to make sure program is operating as expected.
- Identify and include key business stakeholders for participation in documentation of business requirements, rating and scoring vendor solutions to select best fit.
- Track vendor incidents and establish countermeasures with vendors and MassMutual associates to proactively address issues.
- Provide project management for some vendor related initiatives, and documenting key deliverables and due dates to meet business due dates. (Formal Project Managers may be assigned for larger projects.)
- Assist in the development of Master Service Agreements and Statement of Works for contracted engagements.
- Set up and reconcile program invoices through Ariba for budget processing.
- Proactively identify and manage process improvement and service level opportunities.
- Support department staff by recommending training opportunities specific to supplier solutions; coordinate vendor demonstrations of cutting edge industry solutions.
- Responsible for supplier spend and usage analytics and metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- At least 5 years prior experience in supplier management, production/distribution of financial services marketing, and transactional documents
- Strong, demonstrated, project management skills and abilities
- Excellent negotiation skills with demonstrated understanding of corporate procurement & contracting principles
- Superior relationship building skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Organized, detail oriented, with strong written and verbal skills
- Advanced proficiency in general computer use (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Understanding of printing and fulfillment industry best practices including data driven marketing and transactional printing and fulfillment.
- Familiarity with variable data concepts and ability to use data to drive documents
- Demonstrated successful track record delivering time-sensitive, vendor-focused communications projects, often involving technology
- Proactive and aggressive in recognizing and taking action on opportunities and solving problems
- Demonstrated project leadership competencies that facilitate effective team approaches
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer:
We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity:
We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.