Join our team of more than 34,000 team members, supporting our members and communities in our Club Support Center, 235+_ clubs and eight distribution centers. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative and inclusive environment where all team members can learn, grow and be their authentic selves. Together, we’re committed to providing outstanding service and convenience to our members, helping them save on the products and services they need for their families and homes._
The Benefits of working at BJ’s
- BJ’s pays weekly
- Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles*
o Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty*
- Benefit plans for your changing needs*
o Three medical plans**, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two dental plans, flexible spending
- eligibility requirements vary by position
**medical plans vary by location
Summary: Onsite warehouse employee picking perishable product that is shipped out to BJs Wholesale Club location.
Schedule: Day shift. 8am start time. Must work one weekend day.
- Cold storage warehouse with multiple temp zones ranging from -20-30 degrees.
- Heavy lifting (50-100 lbs).
- Material handling equipment. Electric pallet jack.
- RF Scanner + Vocollect (headset)
Pay: $21.50 + performance based incentive pay. $1,500 Sign On Bonus.
Full job description below.
As a Selector, you will properly, efficiently, and accurately pick product to neatly and accurately build pallets for our clubs. Our perishable distribution centers are temp controlled, ranging anywhere from 30 degrees in the cooler to -20 degrees in the freezer. Selectors will typically lift between 50-100lbs of product and operate powered equipment such as forklifts, reach trucks, etc.
- Properly, efficiently, and accurately select damage-free product to build pallets neatly and accurately with appropriate product according to customer specifications with labels facing out, arrows facing up
- Verify product against pick tickets and case label and turn in complete, legible, accurate paperwork
- Maintain required productivity level at 100% standard
- Maintain accuracy levels at 99.9% standard
- Check condition of pallets and exchange where necessary
- Promptly report damage and all inventory discrepancies to supervisor
- Maintain cleanliness and repair of dock, and facility areas
- Assist in ensuring pallets are wrapped and stacked for safe transport to storage
- Safely operate appropriate Material Handling Equipment after training
- Maintain all food safety, housekeeping, and other applicable standards
- Ensure regular and consistent attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED. College coursework, continuing technical education or comparable business experience is a plus
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Experience operating Material Handling Equipment preferred
- Handle and prioritize requests from multiple sources
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic math to ensure proper height and counts and verify pallet ID numbers
- Ability to take directions using the headset selection system (such a VoCollect)
- Ability to accommodate flexible schedules to meet the needs of the customer to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Environmental Job Conditions:
- Independently lift up to 50 lbs frequently and 100 lbs occasionally
- Sit, stand, walk bend, squat on a frequent to continual basis in a refrigerated warehouse environment
- Grasp, reach, push or pull (such as boxes of product, or a hand truck) on a frequent basis
- Build pallets up to 6 feet tall with case weights up to 50 pounds
- Endurance for continuous, fast paced work
- Fluctuating temperatures within the perishable DC including freezing temperatures as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit
- Able to work while wearing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the job (such as steel-toed protective footwear, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, insulated clothing, etc)
- Products may contain food allergens (such as fish, shellfish, peanuts, etc.)
- Utilize equipment for the job safely and accurately after training (such as computer, handheld tracker, copiers, scanners, printers, radio headsets, pallet jack, etc.)
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $21.50 per hour
Work Location: In person