Director of Marketing – Hauppauge, NY
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for developing, leading and executing SmartSource’s marketing and Lead Development strategy along with a staff of four professionals. Digital Marketing is a critical part of SmartSource’s growth strategy and this individual will be responsible for increasing sales leads and strategically enhancing market penetration in current market segments and entering new market segments. The Director of Marketing must be a high-level strategic thinker with the capability to put ideas into action.
- Lead the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy aligned with SmartSource’s overall business strategy including digital marketing, marketing communication campaigns, business events, and public relations.
- Develop the annual strategic marketing plans and budgets; manage and implement all aspects of the plan in accordance with the marketing budget.
- Manage the department staff to ensure successful plan implementation of all projects related to the strategic marketing plan.
- Work with executive team to communicate project updates, timelines, and initiatives.
- Execute an effective digital strategy that drives traffic and revenue. Formulate search engine optimization and search engine marketing practices, website development, online advertising as well as the content to drive revenue and new customers.
- Track and analyze customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing; identify problems and opportunities and respond accordingly.
- Design and execute all content changes to the website and other available platforms.
- Cultivate, test, and analyze new digital marketing tactics across all categories to increase conversion rates; document the results and share best practices with the team.
- Utilize data and customer insights to provide recommendations to drive conversion and market share.
- Help augment SmartSource’s brand strategy.
- Enhance SmartSource’s social media presence. Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, and capitalize on those trends through social media.
- Develop and manage marketing collateral.
- Closely partner with Sales team, other SmartSource departments, and external vendors to ensure revenue and other business goals are met.
- Continually analyze the competitive environment and market trends to improve SmartSource’s market position.
- Leverage data to develop and implement go-to-market strategies while ensuring alignment with overall corporate strategy.
- Develop and conduct a process for timely and actionable customer feedback.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, marketing or comparable discipline; MBA preferred.
- 8 – 10 years of progressive marketing leadership experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive and influence change.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Adept at data and analytics driven marketing.
- Track record of partnering with management teams to make analytical decisions that generate growth and realize strategic objectives.
- Proven hands-on leadership style and the ability to get results.
- Must have experience using a CRM and marketing automation software.
- Experience in the technology service industry strongly preferred.
- Self-starter with ability to both work independently and partner with the broader organization.
As a leader in a billion dollar thriving industry, we offer a vast array of audio visual and technology solutions in locations across the country. We serve a wide range of industries and customers from small to large, including Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, accounting, legal, and consulting firms, hotels, high tech companies, associations and government agencies.
SmartSource will afford you an exciting career opportunity. We offer a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Most importantly, you will be provided the support and environment to excel and succeed with a leading industry company. If you are enthusiastic, highly motivated and looking for a great opportunity, we encourage you to apply today.
For more information about SmartSource Computer & AV Rentals and to apply online, please visit our web site at www.smartsourcerentals.com.
SmartSource provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other protected status in accorda
Job Type: Full-time
- CRM: 8 years (Required)
- Marketing: 8 years (Required)
- running a marketing department: 8 years (Required)