Optical & Telecommunication Solutions (Optical Telecom) is a wireless telecommunication design, installation & integration company based in Dallas since 2001. We are currently seeking Fiber Field Technicians/Leads for full-time employment positions to support our field operations team.
Positions and Duties:
- Fiber Optic Technicians - Level I, II, and Lead
- Install Copper / Fiber Cables, Dress, Terminate, and Test
- Dallas, TX or Houston, TX based and available for multi-overnight travel.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Use of basic hand tools & equipment.
- Installation of coaxial or fiber cabling, mounting supports and dressing of the cabling.
- Climbing and working off of a ladder.
- Ribbon Splicing and OTDR/Power Meter testing Single Mode Fiber.
- Knowledge of setting up and programing RF and Fiber Test Equipment.
- Previous working and/or hold certificates for operating scissor or boom-lift equipment.
- Capable of reading and understanding building construction drawings.
- Wall Penetrations / Floor Cores and Fire Stop.
- Installation of telecommunication equipment, racks, cabinets, cable ladder and misc. equipment, including transmission equipment, power, alarms, punch-down and dressing / labeling of components.
- Capable of physically bending, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Understanding and use of established safety requirements & procedures and/or hold OSHA certificates.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay will be based on experience level.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life.
- Paid Vacation.
- Paid holidays.
- 401K Retirement
- Travel Per Diem
Only candidates eligible to work in the United States of America and are presently Dallas-Fort Worth/Houston area residents and/or will be moving to Dallas/Houston need apply. Furthermore candidates must:
- Willing to travel up to 3 weeks at a time.
- Possess a Valid Driver License.
- Pass Background, Drug Test and MVR (driving record) Pre-Employment Screening.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract