- ICD Coding
- Clerical Experience
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
LAC+USC Medical Center
2051 Marengo Street
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Essential Job Functions
- Answers questions, directs and gives information to the public and/or internal customers.
- Supports and coordinates activities of the unit not requiring direct patient care.
- Searches records and files for data where judgment is required in selecting material.
- Processes documents according to a predetermined but specialized procedure.
- Makes phone calls as directed to support and expedite the work of the unit and patient flow.
- Respects patient rights and privacy needs while maintaining courteous relations with patients, visitors and other staff.
- Interacts to improve relations with internal and external customers to improve patient satisfaction ratings for the emergency department.
- Inputs data into the Trauma and Emergency Medicine Data system (TEMIS) data base.
- Assists Prehospital Coordinators in filing data records and sending copies to EMS.
- Assists Prehospital Coordinators, ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) and Trauma with Quality Improvement (QI).
- Works with patient care records to obtain patient information, disposition, and International Statistical classification of Disease (ICD)-10 codes.
- Runs data reports in the TEMIS data base, reports statistics to Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and other interested departments.
- Minimum of one year of clerical experience in emergency services
- Excellent interpersonal communication and computer skills
- Strong organizational and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively and productively with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to various changes in work flow and procedures
The position is open to all permanent County of Los Angeles employees who have successfully completed their initial probationary period and currently hold the payroll title of Intermediate Clerk.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY.
Candidates interested in this Transfer Opportunity should attach the following to their online application:
1. Resume detailing relevant experience
2. Copies of last two (2) performance evaluations
3. Prime Variance time history report for the last two (2) years
All submitted documents will be evaluated. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager for an interview. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and review of personnel records.
If you are unable to attach the required documents online, you may fax or email your information to:
DHS - Human Resources Division - Recruitment and Examinations