This role is located in Elkhart, Indiana.
Want to work in a friendly, safe, family-oriented work environment, where teamwork and collaboration is valued? Do you want to be a part of an organization that cares about their employees and the community?
Then, TouchTronics has a place for you!
Who We Are:
TouchTronics, Inc. is a national leader in the design and manufacturing of power touch remote controls and we are leading the way through our innovation and development of new products. Our success comes from our unique capability to take custom design ideas through each phase of the process and deliver an innovative, high-quality product to our customer. TouchTronics is a family-oriented company with about 40 employees and a long history going back more than 30 years. Each day we are enhancing the lives of our customers – Learn how we can enhance yours!
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and family-oriented work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Retirement program and company match!
- Open communication, informal recognition, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role!
What You’ll Do:
As the Assembler / Machine Operator you will assemble wire harness products within specifications, instructions, or diagrams and ensure all parts are visually inspected for delivery of a high-quality, reliable product.
Your Accountabilities In The Role:
- You will count products to ensure accuracy for the customer, as well as maintain good inventory and expense control.
- You will ensure all parts are within specifications as described in processes. Advises management if not to ensure parts are returned for replacement/credit.
- You will handle the assembly, sorting, and programming of the various products in an efficient and accurate way, following documented procedures.
- You will place screws and soldering in an accurate and precise way to efficiently complete the parts.
- You will confirm and apply appropriate labels on the products in a specific location to identify completed product.
- You will ensure all parts are tested for quality and deliver to final inspection (where applicable) for a reliable, on-time quality product delivered to customers each and every time.
- A high school diploma, or the equivalent, with 2+ years of small piece assembly and inspection work.
- Basic Math & Counting Skills, Detail-Oriented, precise, and accurate in their work
- Able to read, comprehend, retain work instructions and able to work with small piece work at a good speed
- Is able to prioritize and be flexible to move from job to job as priorities change
- Solid team player; needs to be able to work amicably with others and take advice/mentoring well
- Must have ability to operate assembly equipment, hand tools, screw guns, etc.
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, bend, reach, kneel, squat, twist, and lift up to 30 lbs sporadically to move product
Other Important Information:
Position Status & Salary: Hourly Position. Pay is negotiable based on years of experience.
Reports To : Operations Manager – Electronic Controls
1st Shift: 7:00am - 3:30pm (typically, 40 hrs per week)
2nd Shift: 3:30pm - 11:30am (typically, 40 hrs per week)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time