Physical Therapist Assistant - Job Description
Function: Provides skilled technical assistance for the licensed physical therapist.
Scope: Impacts routine physical therapy procedures and related tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs physical therapy procedures in accordance with written treatment plan formulated by the licensed physical therapist which may include therapeutic exercises, traction, massage, therapeutic heat and cold, hydrotherapy, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, intermittent compression, measurement for support garments, functional training, gait training, prosthetic training, chest physical therapy and measurement for assistive devices.
- Performs tests for interpretation by the physical therapist such as goniometry, gross muscle test, length and girth measurements and vital signs.
- Assists the physical therapist with evaluations and complex procedures.
- Schedules patients, documents treatment and submits charges.
- Communicates with physical therapist and with other members of the health care team on the advice of the therapist responsible for the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
Received: Direct supervision from the licensed Physical Therapist for whom patient care is being performed. Clinical Supervision by Supervisor, Physical Therapy and general supervision from the Director and Associate Director, Rehabilitation Services.
Given: Assigned staff.
- Education Required: Associate's degree from a Physical Therapist Assistant Program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Education Preferred: None.
- Experience Required: None.
- Experience Preferred: One year as a Physical Therapist Assistant in an acute care setting, preferably oncology.
- Licensure/Certification: Required Current license as a Physical Therapy Assistant or license to practice physical therapy in the state of Texas issued by Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR).
- Licensure/Certification: Preferred None
- Other Required: Member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and the Texas Physical Therapy Association (TPTA).
Education Required: Associate's degree from a Physical Therapist Assistant Program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
License Required: Current license as a Physical Therapy Assistant or license to practice physical therapy in the state of Texas issued by Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR).
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 162013
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- Work Week: Days
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 53,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 66,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 79,000
- FLSA: non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: No
- Referral Bonus Available?: No
- Relocation Assistance Available?: No
- Science Jobs: No