Merakey is currently seeking an Addictions Counselor to join our Adult Behavioral Health Site Based, Outpatient Addictions Counselor to join our team at 5429 Germantown Avenue.
- Counselor will provide individual, group, and family psychotherapy to clients with substance abuse problems in out Outpatient Medication Assisted and non Medication Assisted Program settings. * Responsible for completing paperwork as required for case records.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in the human services) or other related field.
- One year clinical experience (a minimum 1,820 hours) in a health or human service agency preferably in a drug and alcohol setting or other related field.
- If a person's experience did not take place in a drug and alcohol setting, the individual's written training plan shall specifically address a plan to achieve counseling competency in chemical dependency issues.
Master's Degree is preferred.
Bachelor's degree considered with a minimum of two years documented experience working in the field of outpatient substance abuse, which includes covering OP groups and individual sessions.
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education