" At the Animal Medical Center, we strive for excellence in pet healthcare, while exceeding our client's expectations in a Christ-centered environment."
Fast-paced, state-of-the-art, veterinary clinic located in Hattiesburg, MS, is seeking an outgoing, highly motivated doggie daycare team member with exceptional people skills to join our veterinary team. You will be representing a well-established veterinary practice committed to excellence. This is a full time position is within the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. The position requires some holiday shifts in the kennel department.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF A DOGGIE DAYCARE TEAM MEMBER?
As a doggie daycare team member you will continue to establish excellence in pet healthcare by:
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- Interacting with dogs in group play while ensuring their safety and minimizing stress levels
- Maintain visual observation of group play at all times and spread attention and play among the dogs
- Use proper dog handling techniques as trained by management
- Conduct daycare assessments and use proper dog introduction procedures as trained by management
- Report any unusual behavior, eliminations, or injuries to management immediately
- Work closely and respectfully with other team members in the veterinary practice to ensure a positive client experience
- Educate pet owners about Animal Medical Center services and products according to the standards of Animal Medical Center
- Organize and be able to accurately record treatment, patient records, and ensure that all requirements for daycare have been met by the owner
- Ensure that daycare room and yard is properly disinfected and maintained according to clinic protocols
- Scoop up dog waste immediately and dispose of properly
- Greet clients and give updates about their dogs in daycare
At Animal Medical Center, we strive to exceed our client's expectations by providing excellent service. Skills you would need for this position are:
Previous daycare experience is preferred, but not required
WHAT ABILITIES ARE IMPORTANT FOR THIS POSITION?
- Excellent customer service skills both written and verbal
- Love people as much as you love pets
- Available to be flexible with schedule
- Able to recognize potential signs of illness of pets
- Access to internet to receive schedule and communication emails from Animal Medical Center
- Able to stand for long periods of time, be able to lift up to 50 pounds and more assisted
- Be a career minded individual looking for a profession in veterinary field
- Be able to work in different weather temperatures such as cold, hot, and rainy
WHAT OTHER THINGS DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Professional and courteous
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Adherence to protocols and procedures
- Works well in a team environment
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Works well with time goals
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future
- Hourly pay is commensurate with experience
- The work schedule can be demanding: opening shifts, closing shifts, weekends, and holidays. Applicants should be flexible with their schedules.
- Dependability and being flexible is essential
- Upon conditional offer of employment, you successfully complete a drug screen and background check
- Due to the number of telephone calls inquiring on application status, we are not able to return every phone call. Be assured that we review every application received. You will either receive a telephone call for a phone interview, an email inviting you to take an assessment for questions related to the position, or email referring to why your application has not gone further in the application process. If you do call about your application status, a message will be taken and forwarded to the proper personnel, however, a follow up phone call cannot be guaranteed.