Train, supervise and lead all Conference Services staff, in order to ensure the highest levels of planning, merchandising and execution of meeting/conference business. Coordinates all details and menus for clients’ functions and maintains budgeted revenues through solicitation of upsell opportunities while controlling expenditures. Direct, implements and maintains a management philosophy which serves as s a guide to Conference Services staff. To mentor, develop, coach and provide leadership to the conference floor operation, conference concierge, conference planning, and Audio Visual departments.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure client files are kept organized and current with all required information
- Communicate with clients to discuss details of their events in a timely and well organized manner
- Suggestively sell menus & services which meet client’s needs and maximize revenues
- Ensure that all definite functions are detailed accurately on resumes and CEO’s and distributed to designated departments a minimum of ten (10) working days prior to function/event
- Review estimated guarantees and ensure final guarantees are obtained three (3) business days prior to scheduled function. Ensure that minimum guarantee policy and overset figures comply with established standards
- Monitor changes to resumes and banquet event orders; ensure that accurate information is communicated to respective departments on a timely basis in order to best service the client
- Attend and Lead CEO and Resume meetings
- Check function room set-ups prior to guest’s arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with clients requirements and resort standards. Ensure deficiencies are corrected by respective personnel
- Observe the quality of food presentation. Ensure that standards are met and exceeded.
- Work with Executive Chef and Director of F&B to develop and implement banquet menus
- Assist Director of Conference Services with ongoing financial forecasting tools for Banquet food and beverage and ancillary conference services revenue
- Foster and promote a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and team member morale for all departments involved
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in all work areas
- Uphold appropriate departmental standards of quality/timing
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues
- Attends all scheduled staff and employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
- Willing and timely execution of other duties as delegated by leadership
High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate required. College Degree in hospitality management or equivalent field preferred. CMP Preferred.
Five years’ experience in the hospitality industry with at least three years of that experience associated with 4-5 diamond Corporate Conference Centers or Conference Center Resorts.
Ability to utilize computer software and hardware required. Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required. Delphi experience a plus.
Ability to learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued communication devices (e.g. Nextel phones, etc).
Advanced ability to comprehend and speak English to understand and respond to information and address advanced guest requests required both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of additional language(s) preferred.
Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with coworkers efficiently and effectively
Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.
Must be able to calculate basic-advanced mathematic functions.