Under minimal to intermediate direction, resolves claims by determining coverage, investigating and evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements.
- Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records when available to determine coverage.
- Investigates claims by interviewing claimants and inspecting physical damage.
- Sets loss reserves if applicable.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state and federal government and by Crawford.
- Settles claims by determining insurance carrier’s liability, client’s instructions and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage, pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Controls claims costs.
- Maintains expected case load.
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products by complying with federal and state regulations, service standards and client requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.Requirements
- Valid adjuster's license in state of residence (where required by law).
- Minimum 1 year adjusting experience or equivalent construction experience.
- Must be able to travel on short notice and remain on location for indefinite periods.
- In most cases, Catastrophe Adjusters are responsible for their own travel and living expenses while on assignment.
- Must possess the necessary tools, e.g. ladder, laptop, cell phone, etc., required for the assignment available.
- Acceptable results on pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
- Dependable vehicle & proof of auto insurance with required limits of liability ($100,000/$300,000).
- Ability to climb and be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Licenses & Certifications recommended
- Auto Certification
- Fire Certification
- NFIP Flood Certification
- Bilingual a plus.
- Knowledge of Xactimate/Xactware preferred.
- Knowledge of Mitchell preferred for auto adjusters.
- High school diploma
- Good communication skills, organizational ability, technical knowledge, and computer skills.
Large catastrophe events may require prolonged periods away from home and long working hours. Must be open to working 10-12 hour days, 7 days per week, for up to three weeks straight in times of a weather related CAT event.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Commission
- adjusting: 1 year (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
Hours per week: