The Finance Manager produces additional revenue for the dealership by selling finance and insurance programs and other appropriate after-sale items to new- and used-vehicle customers
- Sells financing and credit life, accident, and health insurance to customer
- Provides customers with thorough explanation of aftermarket products and extended warranties
- Provides customers with complete explanation of manufacturer and dealership service procedures and policies
- Develops and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Converts cash deals to finance deals where appropriate
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with multiple finance sources, including the manufacturer
- Processes finance and lease deals accurately, fairly and in accordance with local, state and federal statutes and company policies
- Processes finance and lease deals accurately, fairly and in accordance with policy through multiple financial sources to secure approval.
- Conducts business in an ethical and professional manner
- Processes all federal, state, and dealer paperwork related to vehicle transaction.
- Understands and complies with all federal, state, and local regulations that affect the new- and used-vehicle and finance departments
- Completes paperwork necessary for vehicle sales and leases in a timely and efficient manner
- Checks all paperwork for but not limited to correct title, lien information, taxes, consumer information before forwarding to accounting
- Acquires and maintains current state insurance license, completing continuing credit insurance education
- Seeks new lending institutions to secure competitive interest rates and finance programs continually.
- Manages the alternative finance source program to ensure that several sources are available.
- Seeks insurance companies for insurance paper
- Maintains insurance files
- Sets up and maintains a program which will ensure 100 percent turnover to the F&I department.
- Provides sales force and sales managers with current information about finance and lease programs continually
- Trains the sales staff regarding the benefits of financing, insurance and extended service programs
- Works with sales managers to secure a reasonable profit from every sale
- Coordinates finance forecasting with sales department to achieve desired levels of penetration and income
- Ensures collection of all finance and insurance fees
- Takes all credit applications
- Prepares reports on finance penetration
- Works closely with general sales manager to establish sales department goals and objectives and ensures that they are achieved.
- Handles all rate quotation.
- Develops and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Processes salespersons' "end of month" commission sheets for accounting office payroll.
- Supervises and trains designated backup to ensure continued efficiency in the F&I manager's absence.
- Maintains an adequate and current supply of all required contracts and paperwork needed for completion and finalization of car deals.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean
- Follows all attendance and punctuality standards with adherences to timekeeping standards
- Follows the Company Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- Understands and follow all work rules and procedures and follows lawful directions from Supervisors
- Upholds the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Maintains a professional appearance for self and subordinates in accordance with company policy
- Attends pertinent training on request
- Attends company meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Statutory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Transaction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ethics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Contracts: 1 year (Preferred)