Junior WordPress Developer responsibilities include building websites from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function. Developers will keep in mind basic SEO structure, accessibility and page speed. A Junior WordPress Developer will ‘own’ a project and stay with it all the way through the 30 day post launch edits. The qualified candidate will need to adhere to the process and create site setups similar to their peers.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Integrate WordPress into a WebFlow design sent from our designers using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Be responsible for basic SEO structure.
- Be responsible for website page speed.
- Be responsible for website accessibility elements.
- Give suggestions based on client/Project Manager feedback.
- High level of communication with Project Manager.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations.
- Browser testing.
- Device testing.
- Be self motivated and have a basic level of self management on projects.
- High level problem solving.
- Be able to adhere to the develop process we have setup.
- Conscientiousness and a good work ethic
- Good attitude
- Commitment to completing tasks
- Commitment to quality
- Ability to comfortably call clients consistently to maintain and grow relationships
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week in our Portland office. Telecommuters/freelancers will not be considered for this position. Please be aware of this before applying.
- A competitive salary
- Health & dental insurance
- Frequent team building events
- Bagel Thursdays
Job Type: Full-time