NerdWallet is looking for a solid writer with an entrepreneurial spirit. Ideally, you have experience writing about personal finance and can expertly empathize, inform and guide consumers toward smart financial decisions.
You are passionate about writing and engaging and satisfying your readers. You constantly strive to hone your writing skills and style. At the same time, you understand that your job involves more than reporting and writing; rather, a significant amount of your time involves optimizing content to draw an audience to your work.
You also want to help build a business and contribute to a positive working environment. You're comfortable with change and taking constructive criticism. You work with equal enthusiasm whether you're a project leader or team member.
That's what it takes to thrive at NerdWallet. We cover consumer finance, including the following topics: credit cards, banking, personal loans, student loans, mortgages, insurance, and investing. Our content team is 80+ strong and includes writers and editors with experience from Bloomberg, Dow Jones, the LA Times, MSN, Reuters, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post.
What we have in common:
We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem solve effectively. We're adaptable. We're highly collaborative.
Where you can make an impact:
- Help NerdWallet's 100M+ annual visitors better understand their personal finances and how to make smart financial decisions.
- Research and write multiple stories per week, both new and refreshes of live stories.
- Hypothesize, measure and report on traffic and key metrics to inform execution.
- Follow emerging trends and contribute topic ideas that integrate with business and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with other writers and your editors to constantly up-level your writing, content optimization and other skills.
- Share consumer insights and timely/relevant ideas to support social, email, media strategy and syndication channels.
- A strong, versatile writer who can quickly grasp and cover any financial topic.
- Data-driven, with an understanding of SEO and ability to translate content performance into clear insights and actionable improvements.
- Excellent at time management, prioritization and handling multiple projects at once.
- A strong communicator who truly enjoys helping consumers navigate complex topics.
- Scrappy and fast-paced, with obsessive attention to detail.
- Resourceful and self-directed. You can tackle anything from story assignments to projects with minimal direction, and you always deliver polished work.
What we offer:
- 2 to 5+ years writing for consumer-facing publications
- Experience at a fast-growing startup a plus
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Remote: co-working space subsidy
- Remote: ergonomic desk, chair and/or keyboard subsidy
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.