RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals – Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey’s largest private employer – with more than 33,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns – and routinely captures national awards for outstanding quality and safety.
Responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, executive control and completion of projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments, and goals of the organization. Manage a portfolio of projects as assigned by the Director, PMO. Projects will be complex engagements that support clinical, financial, and technical areas. Lead all projects according to RWJBH PMO methodologies and standards and deliver on-time, on-budget, and within scope. Create and maintain well-written, organized project documentation. Maintain effective communication with project team, stakeholders, supervisor, and Executive Management to ensure all levels are appropriately informed of project progress and issues. Maintain a level of leadership and mentorship on projects to garner respect and confidence from project team and stakeholders and encourage teamwork. Work independently with quantifiable and qualitative results. Demonstrate knowledge of complex environments and scenarios and the impact between them at a system and operational level. Maintain a level of understanding of RWJBH Enterprise goals and IT goals and how they both are supported and impacted by portfolio of projects.
- Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of Information Technology & Services or Healthcare consulting or equivalent experience
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Proven accountability for and successful delivery of complex large scale projects
- PMP Certification or working towards certification preferred
- Active Member of PMI or similar organization
- Experience in MS Office Suite, Project Management Information System/Project Planning tool
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts