Responsibilities and Duties
The broker agent is responsible for finding and retaining creditworthy customers that ship FTL, LTL, truckload, intermodal and/or temperature controlled loads throughout the United States. The broker should also know and demonstrate the ability to find and retain quality carriers.
- Must have a book of business (shipping customers)
- Must have experience in freight brokering or freight sales
- FREIGHT BROKER: 2 year (Preferred)
- Weekly Pay commissions are paid on delivered loads once invoiced the customer.
- Carrier Quick Pay Program.
- Auto-posting to load boards (DAT, Truckstop, PostEverywhere)
- Full scale support team with overnight and weekend hours
- Very low customer saturation and customer protection on your accounts
- Quarterly and Annual Corporate Meetings Required
- Dedicated marketing team with free marketing materials
This is a 1099 (independent contractor) position.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
This position is commission at rate up to 50% to 70% of gross margin. Dependent on book of business and volume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Pay: $50,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Freight Brokering: 1 year (Required)
- Describe your current book of business and shipping customers niche.
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- On the road
Hours per week:
- Team Lead
- Assistant Manager
- Key Leader
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Temporarily due to COVID-19