At J.P. Witherow Roofing Company, the Residential Estimator is responsible for preparing proposals and cost estimates for residential and some commercial re-roof and new building projects based on measurement of the existing roof, use of construction plans and industry knowledge. This position must be proficient in interpreting the design and intent of owners and architects, from measurements, drawn plans and conceptual design, to estimate job costs and submit proposals for review. Success in this position relies heavily on the ability to work with the public, professionals, and internal staff to produce accurate and timely results. All work duties must be performed in accordance with Company guidelines, and state and federal law.
1. Meet and interact with potential clients in a friendly and helpful manner at their homes or perspective job sites.
2. Arrive to meetings with potential clients on time with appropriate JP Witherow attire.
3. Physically measure existing residences or buildings in a safe manner and respectful of property.
4. Accurately measure existing residences or buildings to produce proposals for home owners and building owners.
5. Promptly return client phone calls and follow up on client requests.
6. Meet with clients during and after project completion to ensure client satisfaction.
7. Develop accurate forecasts of the cost, size and duration of future projects.
8. Attend pre-construction meetings with management and superintendent.
9. Review architectural designs and plans for new construction projects.
10. Make design suggestions and recommendations.
11. Understand the project/program and its requirements.
12. Determine key variables for cost and other estimates.
13. Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, production times etc.
14. Use software for proposal preparation, scheduling, data analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
15. Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors.
16. Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
17. Review contracts with management to ensure accuracy.
18. Provide consultation on planning with superintendent and management (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
19. Process change orders for signature by the client/project owner.
20. Collaborate with the superintendent and office team.
21. Other duties as assigned by manager.
Position Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements
1. High School degree or equivalent.
2. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred, not required.
3. Must have prior roofing experience and knowledge of assessing roof repairs
4. Must be physically able to go on the roof, in attics, and assess roof conditions.
5. Must be professional in appearance and well spoken.
6. Must be highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time.
7. Must be able to analyze information, estimate, plan, report research results, and strategic planning.
8. Must possess a high degree of integrity including the ability to deal with sensitive or confidential information.
9. Must maintain technical knowledge through continuing education and reviewing technical publications.
10. Must contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year