(Job Number: DIS0100MN)
Primary LocationUS-GA-Lithia Springs
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to daily yard checks, completing all trailer movements to and from docks and drop yard as directed by shipping coordinator or designee. Maintain trailer yard integrity and accuracy. Inspecting trailers for safety and security. Keeping the trailer yard clean and clear of debris that would cause any safety concerns. Coordinating trailer repairs. Also responsible for specific warehouse support activities.
Essential responsibilities will also include:
- Performing safety checks on all equipment.
- Completing daily yard inventory of trailers and ensure yard is kept organized.
- Setting up shipping with empty trailers for load out and remove loaded trailers and stage in the yard drop area.
- After trucks are loaded yard driver will place packing list and seals on trailers as assigned by shipping coordinator.
- Setting up receiving dock with inbound dropped trailers and move trailers as needed to yard drop area.
- Keeping the trailer yard clean and clear of debris that would cause any safety concerns. Will need to coordinate and advise on and truck or trailer repairs.
- High school diploma or GED; Trade school education, certification, or professional training highly desired. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to maneuver/drive truck with up to a 53 foot trailer attached
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds of weight throughout the workday; Ability to work in warehouse and outdoor environment which includes heat, cold, rain, snow, noise and dust. Must use Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. safety shoes, dust mask, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.); Must be able to work in elevated places and tight, small spaces.
- Must be able and willing to learn new equipment; Must be able to read, write, speak in English; Must be able to interpret and execute company policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to work any shift or overtime as needed with minimal notification.