At Alameda Alliance for Health (Alliance) we are striving each day to create a healthier community and to improve the quality of life of our members throughout our diverse County. As a part of our mission, we collaborate with our provider partners to address social determinants of health and to deliver high quality, accessible, and affordable health care services.
The Recruiter collaborates with the entire HR team to offer a comprehensive scope of services to both job applicants and Alliance leadership. This position plays a crucial role in creating a pipeline of viable candidate to support Alliance growth with exceptional talent. The primary duties require a balance of creativity and drive in tandem with strong leadership skills and proven experience with delivering results.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Organization expects job performance to be consistent with its vision and mission. Day to day work is focused on these key performance areas. Percentages of time are estimates based upon observation in the position.
1. Establish, evolve, and manage our recruiting and talent operations, processes, and performance metrics and analytics to deliver timely data insights to our recruiting team, hiring managers, and executives. (10%)
2. Maintain weekly/monthly pipeline reports for talent including identification of trends and performance measurement. (10%)
3. Analyze recruiting efforts and identify return on investment across various sources and processes. (5%)
4. Prepare reports for departments, hiring managers, leadership, etc. (5%)
5. Prepare and present relevant reports to the human resources leadership covering subjects like organizational restructure, layoffs, promotions, etc. (10%)
6. Be the eyes and ears to industry news, and provide regular updates to the HR. (10%)
7. Design and implement effective research strategies to map out talent movement and talent trends, collect data on competitors in the marketplace and create up-to-date organizational charts and talent maps. Manage recruitment efforts via our social media outlets (5%)
8. Extend job offers, prepare offer letters and perform reference checks, occasionally assist with coordinating bilingual skills assessments, process verifications of employment and/or other background checks as needed.
9. Serve as knowledge expert on company HRIS as a backup to the Senior HR Specialist. Process HR transactions through data entry, design and run routine and ad-hoc reports, configure changes in system to improve HR processes, advise and/or train others on system usage and capabilities.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
3 – 5 years experience full cycle recruitment experience.
1-2 years of proven experience developing passive candidate pipeline
Knowledge of all applicable federal and state employment laws
Ability to build and foster effective relationships with customers (applicants, hiring managers, leadership and vendors)
Ability to span strategy and tactical needs as it relates to data- being able to see the big picture and be hands-on
Flexible and adaptable with various needs at different levels, moving with a sense of urgency and change course as priorities shift
Work experience in managed care and/or Medi-Cal organization preferred. Professional certification in Human Resources field (PHR, SPHR, CEBS, etc.) highly preferred. Familiarity with Ceridian-Dayforce- HRIS a plus.
Demonstrates customer service skills, builds relationships, and proactively respects others. Communicates effectively. Assured. Skills used 50% to 80% of time.
Work defined by established practice. Plans and carries out work with organizational perspective under general management direction. Unusual situations are reviewed with a manager.
Apply professional business, scientific, or technical knowledge to non-routine and very complex problems in innovative ways.
Required Mental and Physical Effort.
Concentrates and pays close attention to skilled jobs with frequent interpersonal contact between 20% and 50% of time. Requires adaptability.
Stand or sit, walk, and lift up to 20 pounds.
Management or Supervisory Responsibility.
Pleasant, well-lighted area with comfortable temperature and without
significant amounts of dust, fumes or odors. Unavoidable accidents and
health hazards are unlikely.
Special Skills/Certifications/Knowledge Required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service and collaboration skills
- Excellent skills in developing and maintaining relationships and working with a diverse population
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend workable solutions
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of HR Compliance, in California
- HRIS experience (Ceridian preferred but not required)
- Experience with wage/hour laws and payroll/timecard processing
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint required (experience with MS Visio and MS Access a plus)
- Experience with filing and managing paper and electronic files
- HR Certification highly preferred (PHR, SPHR, CEBS, etc)
- Experience managing on-line performance management system and/or learning management system preferred
Salary Range - $58,760 - $88,150/annually
Alameda Alliance for Health is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.