We are a well-established independent agency and thriving music business, built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional "ad agency." That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. In 2022, Translation was awarded the number three spot in Ad Age's Agency A-List and AdWeek's Multicultural Agency of the Year. One year before, Translation was awarded Ad Age's Small Agency of the Year. We're unapologetically ambitious, but we're also a tight-knit crew.
We are looking for a Creative - Copywriter to join UnitedMasters! Please note that this role is a Hybrid role: three days in office and two days remote.
The Creative - Copywriter is responsible for developing campaign ideas, from concept to execution. Working in close partnership with a Junior Creative - Art, (s)he/they will deliver the words and verbal content that accompanies all visual elements.
- Partner with a Creative - Art to concept, develop and produce effective and persuasive conceptual ideas for integrated advertising campaigns.
- Immerse yourself with the client, the brief and the target audience in order to create effective campaigns.
- Be involved in the creation and presentation of client pitches, develop client-facing and selling skill sets.
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Context team to develop ongoing and unique channel communications within specific strategies around brand mission, voice, look and feel.
- Regroup with the Creative Leads and other business leaders throughout the creative process leading up to presenting ideas to clients, honing ideas as needed.
- Meet with production houses and potential directors, editors, and finishing partners.
- Understanding and developing sensibility towards storytelling and conceptual writing.
- Inspired approach to creative problem solving with a strong grasp of cultural trends and social codes.
- Incorporate the passion, excitement and experience of one's MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of agencies deliverables.
- Ability to work with deadlines and be able to pivot, while paying attention to the quality of your work and the client's and agency's voice.
- Possess and encourage initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and a hunger for growth.
- Empathy and the ability to see clearly the perspectives and views of others are integral, as is the ability to take creative feedback and move the work forward.
- Work well as part of a team, with a range of people, but also be action-oriented as an individual (in other words: that entrepreneurial spirit!).
- The ability to demonstrate, evangelize, and live the core values of the agency
- 2.5-4 years of either ad school or professional experience in journalism, promotions, marketing, advertising or any creative environment that may substitute for formal training.
- A portfolio that displays conceptual thinking, the ability to translate core ideas into multiple iterations and channels.
- Creative drive and ambition to do the best work of your life!
- Narrative and conceptual chops.
Bachelor's degree or adjacent experience in a related field, such as advertising, journalism or scriptwriting, preferred.
UnitedMasters has over 1.5 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others. Over the last year, UnitedMasters artists have used our platform to land sync deals with major brands including the NBA, ESPN, Overtime Elite, Bose, Warner Brother Studios and in the NBA video game 2k. These deals give them additional money for their work and increase their exposure.
Salary Hiring Range: $70,000 - $85,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide (e.g. bonus, stock options, 401(k) match, etc.)
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range above is for the NY/CA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location.