If you would like to apply, please visit: https://tampapetsitters.com/employment/ to submit your application.
We are ONLY looking for People who live IN or VERY CLOSE to the South Tampa area.
Due to the nature of this job, it is impossible to keep up with our schedule when you have to travel more than 5 miles for appointments. This is why we limit our Service Area to South Tampa, Davis Island, Harbour Island, Channelside, and Downtown.
Our Clients consist of :
1. People who need their dog walked during the week while they're at work (Mon. - Fri between 9am-6pm)
2. People who travel or vacation (work or fun) – These visits can happen anytime between 7am – 11pm every day including Weekends & Holidays. This can also include Overnight Stays where you sleepover at the clients home.
We are not looking for any specific availability, but those with a more open schedule will be considered first. Ideally, we would like either someone available during the week 9am-6pm for our Dog Walking clients, someone available on evenings and weekends for Travel clients, or both.If your availability is all over the place or very limited, we will likely be unable to work with you at this time. Holidays are busy and those who have no desire to work during them at all, need not apply.
We are looking for someone on an AS NEEDED basis to start so work will be minimal at the beginning. Meaning at first, you will not have a ton of clients. However, we are a FAST growing business that has more than doubled our clientele every year. You will be helping with new clients as well as a few current, so even though work is minimal to start, you will grow your client base quickly.
There are no SET Schedules in this business.Clients vary from week to week, month to month. Some weeks are busier than others. However, most weekends are booked and Holidays are busy. Summer & end of the year we are busiest. We schedule pet care visits anytime between 7am to 11pm. We also stay overnight in the client's home if needed. It all depends on the needs of the clients booked at the time. Also, the schedule can change from day to day as we do accept requests as little as 24 hours away. If you can not handle an ever changing schedule, do not apply.
- MUST be PASSIONATE about animals. (We mostly Walk/Pet Sit Dogs and Cats, but also have had turtles, rabbits, parrots, etc.)
- Previous Animal Care Experience required (professional or personal). We do expect you to have a basic understanding of Dogs/Cats behavior and needs. We're solely responsible for theses animals when their owners are away. You need to be able to recognize signs of illness and injury. As well as understand their body language somewhat to know if they are overly stressed, anxious or fearful.
- Must Provide References
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Must have Reliable Transportation
- Must be physically able to walk several miles a day and/or handle large strong animals
- Must have a smartphone with GPS and Internet capabilities
- Absolutely MUST be Professional, Reliable, Responsible, and Extremely Trustworthy
- Must be able to work independently while following client directions and have good communication skills
- Must pass background check
- Must Reside in the South Tampa Area (South Tampa, Channelside, Harbour Island, Davis Island, Downtown areas OK)
- Understand we work rain or shine. Yes, we walk dogs in the rain. We do not cancel visits unless there is extreme or dangerous weather.VERY IMPORTANT - I must stress, this is not just a job for anyone. You MUST have an absolute passion to work with animals. We are a Professional Company and we go above and beyond for our clients. We expect, as do the clients, top notch work ethic and pet care. We are also a Fear-Free Certified Company. Which means we hold ourselves to a higher standard of pet care. We are not Rover, Wag, the kids down the street or a friendly relative. This is NOT a hobby job. Our clients expect the absolute best in pet care when they hire us. And we give it to them. Period.
** BONUS: Experience with Animal Health Care or Dog Training(CPR/First Aid Certified or previous work in animal health care or dog training business)
If you would like to apply, please visit: https://tampapetsitters.com/employment/ to submit your application. We will be in touch shortly!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Pet Care: 2 years (Preferred)
- Animal Care: 2 years (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment