I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Assist in the coordination and management of basic or routine proposals, contracts and purchase orders under the direct supervision and guidance of a higher level contract administrator or manager. In this entry level position it is expected that the individual will (1) learn the foundation of the basic contract management knowledge and skills required for success in the contracting field and (2) progress to directly administering contracts and purchase orders.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Develop a working understanding of the US government acquisition and procurement process, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant Company policies and procedures, FAR/DFAR, commercial contracting methods and other government regulations.
2. Support assigned proposal activities including, but not limited to, analyzing solicitations and preparing summaries based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risks of the proposed effort; participating in all proposal team meetings; preparing terms, conditions and assumptions for the proposal; reviewing technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency; and preparing proposal documents for internal bid approval review and submittal to the Customer.
3. Research contract language and seek guidance on complex terms and conditions from higher level contract administrators or contracts manager.
4. Review cost and price proposals as assigned to ensure they are prepared and submitted in strict accordance with applicable laws, regulations, contractual provisions and Company policy.
5. Coordinate with other company functions as required ensuring that (1) appropriate reviews are scheduled and conducted, and (2) required review and approval signatures are obtained before submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
6. Assist upper level contract administrators in negotiations and other activities such as fact finding and audits, required to obtain contracts or orders, and auxiliary agreements (e.g. proprietary information agreements and teaming agreements). Negotiate routine contracts and changes commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence under the specific guidance of the higher level contract administrator or contracts manager.
7. Act as the primary point of contact between the company and the customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual and program matters, under review by upper-level contract administrators or contract managers, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
8. Administer all aspects of assigned contract processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
9. Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and Company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence relative to assigned contracts.
10. Participate in final stages of assigned contracts by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with contract closeout.
11. Performs other duties as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Performs contract negotiation, analysis, and administration, proposal preparation, and customer contact related to contract acquisition and fulfillment.
Preferred Skills and Education
Some contracts experience and working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
Good verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Working knowledge of all contract types
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.