Saint Louis,Missouri,United States 6J7BP1
The Boeing Company is seeking an early-career software developer to join the F-22 Mission Systems team. This organization designs, develops, and demonstrates avionics solutions for the F-22 Raptor, the premier 5th gen air superiority fighter flown only by the United States Air Force (USAF). Your role will require you to work as a member of a cross-functional agile team to integrate cutting edge technologies to maintain the Raptor’s dominance over the battlefield for many decades to come.
There are currently opportunities across Mission Systems which include but are not limited to: supporting software development on cross-functional teams which are tasked with integrating/implementing solutions onto the F-22 platform, developing high fidelity simulation and environment software and tool sets to enable rapid deployment of high quality software solutions for the war-fighter, and many others.
Additionally, under the Raptor Agile Capability Release (RACR) contract, the F-22 is transforming its contracting and development approach to leverage software development tools, processes, and best practices used by West Coast/Silicon Valley software firms like Amazon, Apple, Google, and Facebook. Some of these include Amazon Web Services, Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, and much more. This transformation creates growth and leadership opportunities. Interested applicants should search the internet for “Raptor Agile Capability Release” to learn more about this transformation.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- This position requires the applicant be able to obtain a final Secret level Department of Defense security clearance. Due to time durations associated to obtaining a clearance, we are pursuing May 2019 (or later) college graduates or applicants with an active secret (or higher) security clearance.
- This position requires the applicant be able to obtain special program access.
- Academic or professional software development experience.
- Experience programming in C, C++, C# or Java
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels.
- Exposure to Software Development methodologies.
Typical Education/ Experience:
- Experience developing embedded real-time software
- Experience working with Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with Agile software development
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics with strong software skills. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
The position is located in St. Louis, Missouri with occasional travel to partner and supplier sites around the United States. Relocation assistance is available to eligible candidates upon approval.
Yes, 10 % of the Time SSM Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company