Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
To appropriately analyze and code outpatient records. Proficiency is required in coding of out-patient records.
1. Performs ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM diagnostic and current procedural terminology procedural coding to maintain an accurate database and ensure accurate coding at minimum accuracy rate of 95%.
2. Applies knowledge of Ambulatory Payment Classification reimbursement for procedure coding, current procedural terminology guidelines, ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM Coding guidelines for Diagnosis Coding and knowledge of local coverage deteremination for Medical necessity.
3. Knowledge of E/M (Evaluation Management) coding both physician and facility.
4. Communicates with physicians to clarify the diagnosis in oder to assign accurate diagnosis related group's and severity of illness.
5. Ability to code using either 3M encoder or ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM Book.
6. Achieves the organization's established expectations with regard to customer service, team work and safety.
7. Responds to all questions regarding diagnoses and procedures with the billing office in a timely manner.
8. May assist as needed in other coding areas.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Training in medical terminology, ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM, CPT procedure and E/M coding. Able to decipher operative reports, medical orders & various medical records in the appropriate selection of codes. Experience in acute care coding with out-patient records.
Course work in Anatomy and Physiology. Knowledge of E/M coding.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Days, overtime when required.
- Certified Professional Coder
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.