What you will do
Support the operation, administration, and data integrity of the alarm monitoring system for federal and military sites in North America to ensure efficient operations and increase effectiveness. Recommend enhancements and provide testing, training, and documentation for new revisions of the monitoring software. Provide the skills and leadership to configure, maintain and support ROC customers using central monitoring software and networks in a 24/7 environment.
Location: Kansas City office
Shift: Primarily first shift, Monday-Friday. On-call shifts are required on a rotational basis with current team.
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
How you will do it
1. Build, update, and commission accounts for Fire/Security/BAS and provide technical support and assistance to field techs for end to end point testing. Create custom action patterns and programming as per customer requirements for operator response
2. Maintain accuracy of customer accounts and customer equipment connections. Troubleshoot communication issues between F/S/BAS products and the ROC with technicians.
3. Provide technical assistance for ROC operations staff in using the central station software
4. Implement and maintain operational controls, checks and balances to ensure compliance with regulatory, Johnson Controls and customer policies and procedures.
5. Interface with the ROC Technology Team and various customer and JCI personnel to ensure technology infrastructure is in alignment with contractual commitments.
6. Analyze and Improve processes/procedures/notifications. Create and develop processes, operating instructions to utilize automation and monitoring technology to provide full systems integrity and stability of service. Work closely with Remote Operation management and operations staff to ensure operational requirements are achieved.
7. Provide leadership in new service opportunities and projects, focusing on implementation and deployment. Identify, investigate, and recommend improvements in products, systems, connectivity options, or processes to improve applications and operations.
8. Promote ROC services via internet / JCI tradeshows. Assist in customer tours of the ROC to showcase ROC capabilities and features
9. On call 24/7 for ROC monitoring systems repair and after hour’s assistance with startups for JCI field techs.
What we look for
1. Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
2. Active Department of Defense Secret or Top Secret security clearance, or one that was active within the last 2 years.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Ability to work with little supervision
6. Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to present technical material to a non-technical audience.
1. Experience with Security, Fire, and/or Building Control systems; including operational knowledge of JCI supported Fire & Security panels and dialers (FireLite, Silent Knight, Notifier, Ademco, DSC,IFC, Bosch, IP DACTS), and Metasys Building Automation
2. Previous experience with Security/Fire receivers, such as SurGuard SystemIII, Bosch D6100, and Teldat VisorAlarm
3. Previous experience configuring and/or administering Central Station Software
4. Knowledge of commercial building systems and related operations
5. Knowledge of SQL database and query writing.
6. General experience with IT Signaling, Monitoring, Telecommunications and Downline Load highly preferred.
7. Demonstrated experience and knowledge with alarm signal transmission, alarm signaling equipment, and mastermind monitoring strongly preferred.
8. Electrical background (pulling conduit, running wire, etc)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Job Information Systems
Primary LocationUS-MO-Kansas City
Other LocationsUS-KS-Kansas City
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions