Essential to the BBBS brand, the primary function of this position is to ensure that volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled and matched while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBS standards and practices. A high-level customer service, focusing on volunteer options and child safety, is to be demonstrated throughout the volunteer and child enrollment and matching process.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: volunteer yield and processing time; youth yield; youth/parent processing time, customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (IN PRIORITY ORDER)
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated.
- Conduct client enrollments including applications, orientations, parent/child interviews, child safety. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Review and follow-up on references as necessary to gain additional data to complete the assessment process.
- Conduct volunteer and youth reassessments/updates in accordance to standards.
- Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to successful match. Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency. Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer. Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- High degree of collaboration with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings. Accommodate volunteer and family schedules.
- Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
- To ensure quality services and measurable outcomes, maintain accurate and timely records for each participant according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- Other duties as assigned
(minimum & preferred educational requirements necessary to perform this job successfully)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social services, human resources or related field.
Years of Related Work Experience :
(minimum & preferred related work experience necessary perform this job successfully)
Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 /hour