If you are a confident, poised, self-motivated and creative professional with a passion for communications and a belief that good communication is vital to driving change, we are your next destination employer! Apply to join us, the Single Family IT team! As a Development Professional, you will be a part of the software development team that will work on projects for critical Freddie Mac core applications. You will be engaging with a project team that’s comprised of business, analysis, testing, and infrastructure partners, all working together to enhance the capabilities of these systems.
Your work falls into three primary categories:
o Understand Business Requirements, participate in Requirements Analysis, design applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy the application.
o Build Micro Services based solutions using Java/JEE frameworks, Docker and Open Shift. Newly created Micro Services will replace legacy Java/JEE monolithic application.
o Comply with the department application standards and general industry based Java/JEE based application development principles, theories, concepts, documentation and techniques.
o Contribute and participate in design and code reviews.
o Contribute in creating delivery pipelines for newly created Micro Services on Docker and Openshift platforms.
o Support building Micro Services practice within development group with objective to create standards, tools and training other developers.
o Support one of Freddie Mac’s core applications in providing Level 3 support. This support includes providing fixes to production defects and making light enhancements. Quickly evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address the defect. Production support is matrix based organizational support, and the individual needs to clearly communicate progress and issues to matrix manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
- 2-4 years of development background in web applications using Eclipse, Java frameworks and JEE development.
- 2+ years of experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design using Java and UML.
- Experience in Eclipse (commonly used plug-ins and debug techniques) or any Java IDE.
- Understanding of JEE patterns and ability to use commonly used on in real time situations.
- Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, XQuery and XML Query.
- Design and Development of web applications using the Java EE , JSP, XML, Weblogic 12, AJAX
- Experience in using Java & UI frameworks – Angular, Spring, STRUTS or JQuery
- Experience with scripting languages
- Must have good problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing APIs using Spring Boot framework, ideally with Docker container or OpenShift Cloud Platform (OCP)
Key to success in this role
- Works under normal supervision. Follows established directions from Team Lead.
- Good team player.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
- Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk.
- Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Customer Focus – Engage with internal Single Family business partners to learn and deliver on their needs
- Partnership – Align with several IT partners, including the Architecture, Infrastructure, and Support teams in delivering easily maintainable solutions
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results that meet the business and corporate needs and moves the company to its future desired state
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps is preferred.
- Integration experience preferred using Web Services and SOA, primarily on Weblogic or any other middleware platforms.
- Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages preferred
- Good working knowledge of Jenkins, Artifactory, Teamforge GIT, Maven, Groovy DSL, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, NPM, Node.js, knowledge of Linux command line preferred.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.