Blue Sages is looking for a Software Engineer (LINUX EXPERT). This person will join our Software Productivity and Data Engineering team.
The ground breaking work being done on this device will change the future of Surgery and positively affect patient outcomes in the future.
This Software Engineer will drive exceptional product quality, safety, design and reliability through the R&D/Software Development and Quality teams and into the product.
As a Software Engineer this position is responsible for testing the design and implementation of robotics and control algorithms. This important technical position will have direct influence on software and system product quality for R&D/production builds and release to market. This individual will work closely with software development engineers to define test strategies, write and execute test cases, and build automated test routines. They will actively participate in the software development lifecycle through review of requirements, risk management, software architecture designs and maintaining tractability in an agile SW development environment. This Software Engineer is part of the agile sprint team for their assigned software code base(s) and interfaces with software developers, engineers and other team members regarding SW test and quality to ensure compliance to external standards.
Software Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Must have Strong Linux experience
- Design and implement automated unit, integration and software verification tests for testing robotic controls using Python/C++(in order of importance).
- Improve our automated test infrastructure.
- Review software requirements and software design specifications.
- Perform code reviews.
- Defect Tracking and Control – Find, investigate and report product problems, representing the customer’s interest in R&D.
- Assist with Software Risk Management efforts in accordance with ISO 14971.
- Assist with Design Control efforts in line with IEC 62304, ISO 13485 and 21CFR 820.
Software Engineer Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a software test role planning, creating and executing test cases for software
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering (or similar degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following software languages: C++, Python, Matlab.
- Working knowledge using Unit Test Frameworks.
- Linux Expert.
- Creating test automation frameworks.
- Software configuration/version control tools.
- Network Admin experience is a plus
- Knowledge of requirements management systems (JAMA, DOORS, Requisite Pro, etc.)
- Nice to have experience with testing robotic devices and complex systems
- Nice to have experience in a medical device environment.
- Nice to have working knowledge of Design Controls and understanding of IEC 62304, ISO 13485, AAMI TIR 32, AAMI TIR 45 and general principles of software validation.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Software Development: 2 years (Required)
- Linux: 2 years (Required)
- Mountain View, CA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off