Trilogy Education partners with leading universities to offer programs in Web Development, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, and Cybersecurity. Our platform combines a market-driven curriculum, robust career services, and a multinational community of universities, instructors, and employers to prepare adult learners for careers in the digital economy.
Our programs have been in existence since 2015, and since then, we've launched an additional 300 classes across the nation. We have hired more than 1,900 Instructors and Teaching Assistants to support our students.
Trilogy Education is seeking Junior Software Engineers or Developers who have a passion for teaching individuals how to code and are wiling to assist in our classrooms as Teaching Assistants. Our students have a diverse background, from working professionals to fresh-out-of-college people who seek to transition into careers in web development positions.
Why teach why us?
Instructors lead classroom discussions, guide inquiry, emphasize the meta-skills and core concepts of software engineering, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students and teaching assistants.
You don't have to have a ton of experience instructing! You just have to be a lifelong learner, proven teacher or mentor and love to help people change their lives and succeed.
What You Will Do:
- Take attendance at the start of class via Bootcampspot
- Ensure the Instructor is staying on track with regards to time
- Walk around class during code activities and projects to assist students
- Research and answer student questions when the instructor is unable to
- Grade all homework assignments
What makes your a great fit (Requirements):
Proficient in the following languages:
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Command Line
- PHP and PHP Frameworks
- Demonstrated success teaching in classroom setting
- A positive attitude
- Ruby on Rails
- Python Pandas
- Beautiful Soup
- SQL, noSQL
- Machine Learning, Hadoop
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- MySQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ruby: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply