Sr. Software Engineer
This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design ? typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Knowledge of test-driven development. Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.