The Social Security Administration (SSA) is accepting applications from people who wish to be considered for employment under its Selective Placement Program. SSA seeks to recruit and hire applicants with targeted disabilities by aiding these individuals in obtaining employment consistent with their level of skills and abilities. Such disabilities include severe physical, cognitive, or emotional disabilities.
For more about Schedule A and eligibility requirements, please refer to https://www.eeoc.gov/abcs-schedule
Your application will be placed into a pool of eligible veterans for evaluation and referral to selecting officials for hiring. You may be contacted by interested selecting officials and asked to interview.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies at any time without notification, in any series or grade. This vacancy is recruiting specifically for the following occupation categories:
- Public Contact: Customer Service Representative
This vacancy is intended as a recruiting tool for employment with SSA. In the event an office you have selected is hiring, they may request to review applicants for this vacancy.
Submitting an application does not guarantee the office(s) you have selected will hire from this announcement.
Conditions of Employment U.S. Citizenship required
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Background and/or security investigation required
- Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results
- Selectees are required to serve a 2-year trial period
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- All required documents must be received by the closing date of the announcement
For consideration under the Schedule A non-competitive hiring authority, please submit the following:
- Documentation of your disability. Please see the Required Documents section below for examples of acceptable proof of an intellectual, severe physical, or psychiatric disability. FAILURE TO SUBMIT THIS CERTIFICATION WILL CAUSE YOUR APPLICATION TO NOT BE CONSIDERED UNDER THE SELECTIVE PLACEMENT PROGRAM.
- College transcripts (if applicable)
Providing Proof of Education or Substituting Education:
Some positions require proof of education or allow you to use your education to meet qualification requirements. For information on providing proof of education or substituting education for experience, visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards
If you are qualifying on the basis of education or satisfying an educational requirement, submit a copy of your transcripts that includes your name, the name of the educational institution, course title(s), number of credits, grade, and date of completion. Unofficial transcripts or screenshots of electronic/web transcripts with the required information will be accepted at the time of application. You must submit your transcripts according to the application submission details of this announcement. Documents will not be accepted via email or regular mail. If selected, you may be required to provide your official college transcripts prior to the effective date of the personnel action placing you into the new position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,436.00 - $72,109.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, ME 04102: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location